Implementing school software can take a number of days and in some cases, even months, for the end-users to be able to comprehend. Many institutions that have implemented a school management system in India can vouch for the fact that it makes the whole process of running a school much smoother. However, a lot of hard work goes into successful implementation and in the following lines, let us take a look at some of the best practices meant to help you in the phase:
- Making staff aware of the changes – In addition to the decision makers, it is important to include the end users in the upcoming development phase. An education ERP implementation is not a small thing and can be termed as a huge change. Therefore, making sure that people are aware of the changes such a system brings about can be a huge advantage.
- Getting the infrastructure ready – There have to be a number of changes that need to be made, especially for a school that is doing such an implementation for the first time. Instead of paperwork and tables, it will be desktops/laptops that people will have to work with. The management needs to ensure that the infrastructure is ready before the implementation so that there are no delays.
- Data collection – The school business runs on acquiring and maintaining data. There is a lot of information that needs to be stored in schools. Whether it is pertaining to students, teachers or staff, making sure that all this is ready to be uploaded onto the online school management software is crucial. Collecting it, bifurcating it and organising it can take many days to accomplish. So, school data management needs to be at its best before the implementation.
- Budgeting – Most schools are unaware of the effect the education ERP implementation can have on their budget. Therefore, keeping an upper limit on the amount that can be spent on the whole project is advisable. Since most of these services are based on the number of students, it can be easy to set a forecast and determine a limit.
- Coaching – There are teachers, administrators and the top management that access school ERP software. All of them need to be trained adequately so that it does not come as a shock to them. Simple functionalities and their uses are a must for general use. For users who are more technologically adept, the training/coaching can be more comprehensive. It is advisable to take the help of the service providers in order to understand the system in totality and make the most of it.
- Support – Having a support system is also significant. The solution may face glitches and you will need to fix them on time so that the operations are not affected in any way. Whenever you are looking for providers of school management systems in India, make sure that this aspect is covered and they are able to help you whenever the need arises, in terms of maintenance.
- The flexibility of customization – Every school has different goals and motives. It is important that there are customization options in the school ERP software that has been chosen. From admissions to assignments and management reports, there are many functionalities that need to be modified per the needs of the individual school management and this is another aspect that cannot be ignored in the implementation phase.
As a school, make sure that you have checked the aforementioned factors before starting the implementation process so that there are no delays and everything happens within the stipulated time. With the help of ideal school ERP software, any educational institution can reach great heights and pave their way to success, whilst keeping the students’ interests’ at the top.
About the Author: