Taking a cue from the educational institutions from around the world, many schools in India have implemented school ERP software as a means to help them manage their schools better. Such solutions are known to cover a wide range of activities that include, and are not limited to, admissions, assignments, transportation, security, facilities and admin jobs. These are known to make the whole process of operating a school on a day-to-day basis easier and much more effective.
Here are a few advantages of an ideal school management system in India:
- Managing information – There is a lot of information that a school has to store in its database. The age-old filing system takes up a lot of space and if you wish to look for specific data, it may take days to identify and analyse it. However, with school ERP software, everything is available online. Anything can be accessed with just a few clicks.
- Paperless administration – As mentioned earlier, paperless administration is the ideal way forward. It is convenient, hassle-free and more accessible. Everything that can be changed to a digital functionality should be made paper free in schools as soon as possible. The fact that such a change is environment friendly is yet another benefit.
- Time-saving functionalities – A number of day-to-day operations can be managed in less time. Admissions have online forms, there is a portal for managing fees and parents are able to check their children’s location when they are travelling on the school buses by logging in to the online system. All these and much more can be accomplished in an efficient manner.
A user-friendly web portal or app ensures that everyone involved is able to make the most of the school management software at any given time and from anywhere.
- Cost-effectiveness – It is a cost-effective way to run an educational institution. Parents, teachers, administrators, students and the decision-makers can rely on the relevant software for all their tasks. There is no paper-trail for any information as all the data is available online. All this saves money in addition to being a green solution for the betterment of the entire world.
- Better accessibility – Let us take the example of parents. Whenever they wish to check the progress of their children, they do not have to wait for the periodic parent-teacher meeting once a month. They can just check online and get an update on their children’s grades and subsequently, their progress. Teachers can use the online portal for assignments and grading. Students can use the e-learning module to keep up with their syllabus.
- Improved communication – An open and honest communication system between the school and the parents/decision-makers is significant for the success of any school, big or small. With the school ERP software, there can be timely communication between the involved parties. This is to ensure that there are no misunderstandings and everything happens without any delays.
- Event management – A school has to host a number of events such as sports day, annual day, science exhibitions, etc. All these need to be recorded for future references. From pictures to videos and records of winners, participants, etc, everything needs to be entered into the database. With the help of school management software, this can be done in an effortless and effective manner.
All these are major advantages of the best school management system in India that should be considered by educational institutions in every town and city.